Who can Apply?
Any student applying for a taught full-time postgraduate MSc course in the Faculty of Engineering with a confirmed offer of a place for the next academic intake (September or January).
Selection is by application only and applicants must:
- Have a good academic record
- Provide a statement of 500 words in support of your application.
Submitting an Application:
In order to apply for a scholarship, you are required to fill in and submit a Scholarship
Engineering Scholarship Application Form - International Students (PDF) 32k
Engineering Scholarship Application Form - Home/EU Students (PDF) 32k
The application must be typed and printed. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
September 2009 Intake
31st July 2009 for Home/EU and International students.
January 2010 Intake
30th November 2009 for Home/EU and International students.
For more information:
With the support of the North-Rhine-Westphalian Ministry for Innovation, Science, Research and Technology (MIWFT), the Institute for Geoinformatics offers:
- Five scholarships for the MSc program in Geoinformatics (4 semesters, start October 1, 2009)
- Two partial scholarships for the MSc program in Geospatial Technologies (3 semesters, start September 4, 2009)
for nationals of the following countries:Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China (P.R.), Costa Rica, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Uruguay.
The scholarships include:
- Tuition waiver for all semesters
- Scholarship: 850 € per month (not for the first semester in Spain or Portugal (September 4, 2009 – February 28, 2010) in the MSc in Geospatial Technologies)
- Support health insurance: 70 € per month (not for the first semester in Spain or Portugal (September 4, 2009 – February 28, 2010) in the MSc in Geospatial Technologies)
- Support travel costs according to real costs: up to 1.000 € for a flight to/from Europe before starting/after finishing the program and up to 1.000 € for one home flight to/from Europe in between.
Application deadline: July 31, 2009
For more information:
In order to submit an application for scholarship, the applicant must attain an official endorsement by his/her country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs by completing the Endorsement Form, which must be submitted along with the application form (detailed instructions on the endorsement procedure are included in the endorsement form). The applicants must then submit their applications along with the endorsement form at a Competent Consular Authority of the Republic of Cyprus of their choice.
The deadline for the submission of applications is June 30, 2009.
In order to expedite the process, it is strongly recommended that the applicant forwards a copy of the stamped and endorsed application to the University of Nicosia, as soon as he/she attains the stamp and endorsement by the official government authority (as instructed above). It is noted that ONLY stamped and endorsed applications by the applicant’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be considered for a scholarship award.
For Application forms and Endorsement forms, as well as information material on the programme can be found at:
For further information or queries please contact Ms. Julie Boyadjian, MBA Student Advisor at the University of Nicosia, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or +357-22841671
Important notes concerning the award of scholarships:
1. Candidates who have received a scholarship of either short or long duration by the Republic of Cyprus within the last two (2) years are NOT eligible to apply for these scholarships.
2. Eligible candidates must be permanent residents of their country of citizenship.
3. All scholarships are offered officially by the Government of the Republic of Cyprus to other Governments on a bilateral basis as official technical assistance and not to individuals. Therefore, it is expected that with the end of the scholarship, the scholarship recipients will return to their country of citizenship so that the recipie country is benefited to the highest possible degree by the transfer of know-how and not just the individual receiving the scholarship.
4. For the scholarship to be awarded it is necessary for the candidate to accept the Terms and Conditions of the scholarship.
Prospective applicant must meet the following qualification criteria :
(1) Applicants should be a citizen of the country to which this scholarship program is offered. (including applicant`s parents). Applicants should not be a holder of Korean citizenship.
(2) Applicants should be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2009.
(3) Have an adequate health, both physically and mentally. Persons who are pregnant or having severe illness may not apply.
(4) Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of elementary, middle, high school outside of Korea as of March 1, 2009.
(5) Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended or have earned top 10% of G.P.A. among classmates.
(6) Not at any time have received a Korean government scholarship for his/her undergraduate study before.
(7) Not have enrolled in an undergraduate course in Korea before.
(8) Preferential selection for applicants who are good at Korean or English.
(1) Scholarship Period, 1 year of Korean language course and 4 years of undergraduate degree Course
(2) Scholarship Benefits
Airplane ticket or airfare :
The grantees will receive an airplane ticket or be paid an economy class airfare of the shortest route between their country and Korea when they come to Korea, and, thereafter, when the grantees leave Korea after the completion of their study.
NIIED does not compensate fees for the domestic travel both in the grantee`s country and Korea.
Airfare for entry into Korea will not be provided to a grantee who already arrived and has been staying in Korea as of the confirmation date of selection of scholarship students.
Monthly Allowance : 800,000 won per month
Tuitions (an entrance fee and a registration fee) : The full entrance fee are exempted by the host institution. The full tuition is exempted by NIIED.
Settlement Allowance : 200,000 won upon arrival
Repatriation Allowance : 100,000 won upon completion of studies
Korean Language Training Expenses : The full costs up to 1 year (NIIED pays directly to the entrusted language training institution)
Medical Insurance: The grantees will be provided with health insurance during the period of their study program in Korea for major accidents and illnesses. (The medical fee will be reimbursed through the insurance company to the grantee after he/she pays first)
NIIED does not compensate fees for insurance of traveling to and from Korea.
Any grantee who gives up one`s study during the scholarship period will not receive airfare and allowance for repatriation except for the cases approved by NIIED such as severance of diplomatic relations, war or other natural disasters. Any grantee who quits the program in 3 months after one`s entrance into Korea, should refund all scholarship fees (The airfare of arriving Korea, settlement allowance, monthly allowance, Korean language training expenses, etc.).
Submission of Required Documents
(1) Place of Submission: Documents must be submitted to the Korean Embassy or Consulate in the country of origin.
(2) Deadline of Submission: The date set by the Korean Embassy or Consulate in the country of origin.
(3) Documents to be submitted
-One completed application form (on the prescribed form)
-Two 4cm x 5cm color photos
-One Copy of a high school diploma
-One Copy of a high school grade transcript
-Two recommendation letters (from the applicant`s teacher or principle of the school, academic advisor or the relevant chief of the organization)
-One Self-introduction Essay (on the prescribed form)
-One NIIED Pledge (on the prescribed form)
-One Study Plan (on a prescribed form)
-One personal medical assessment (on a prescribed form)
-One Certificate of Health authorized by a doctor (only for those candidates who are filtered and recommended by Korean Embassy or Consulate)
-One copy of a certificate of Korean proficiency or English proficiency (only applicable to those who have, In 2 years after he/she took the test)
-The certificates of a citizenship of the applicant and one`s parents if the applicant is a Korean abroad.
Application form can be downloaded at http://www.niied.go.kr/
For more information :
The National Institute for International Education (NIIED)
Mailing Address : #205, Dongsung-dong 181,Jongno-gu, Seoul, 110-810, Republic of Korea
Website : http://yoohak.niied.go.kr Korean Government Scholarship Program FAQ
Phone : +82-2-3668-1355 +82-2-3668-1356 +82-2-3668-1357
Fax : +82-2-743-4992